Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crosspile Week 5 and 6

In the last two weeks, I downloaded NRefactory and created a playground project where I was able to output some C# code programmatically. After looking at my code, I am not 100% sure it is better than just writing out the C# code manually. What will be cool though is if I can figure out a way to let you write a visitor to change your C# code before it is outputted. This feature might help me eliminate a bunch of manual repetitive changes when importing a large javascript library. When searching on how to get NRefactory to work I found this link for a company called Semantic Designs. I only glanced at their site for a few minutes, but it seems like it is a commercial project that will let you translate your code into some intermediate language and then translate it again to some destination language. This sounds a lot like what I am trying to do except their javascript and c# languages are not really ExtJs specific. Next week is Christmas so not sure how much I will get done. However I at least plan to start working on reading javascript and parsing it into my cross model.

No comments:

Post a Comment