Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Characteristics of a Collaborative Team

Tabaka writes
a collaborative team holds the following set of characteristics:

  1. They are self-organizing versus role- or title-based in organization.

  2. Teams are empowered to make decisions versus being dictated to by an outside authority.

  3. Members truly believe that, as a team, they can solve any problem.

  4. Members are committed to success as a team versus success at any cost.

  5. Trust versus fear or anger motivates the team.

  6. They aggressively engage in participatory decision making versus bending to authoritarian decision making or succumbing to bullying for decisions.

  7. Decisions are consensus-driven versus leader-driven.

  8. Teams maintain an environment of constructive disagreement versus falling into damaging conflict or no conflict at all.


The other day my boss was asking me what the vision for my team would be. I think this is a very good start.

I just finished the "Why" section of Jean's book, and I am moving into the "How" section. I am very excited to try out her suggestions with my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment